Saturday, June 30, 2012

Addicted to Growing Roses

I don't know what has come over me ... I'm totally addicted to the rose section during garden center visits!

It started a few years back with my curiosity with the Knock-Out rose. I had added 2 in my garden that summer. Today I'm up to over a dozen different varieties. I can't tell ya if they are hybrid or shrub and I don't really care about all the details: I just want to grow roses!

The image in this blog post is my new distant drum rose by Weeks Roses.
http://www.weeksroses.com/rose_distant_drums.htm

Are you a fan of roses in your garden? Share with me your favorite variety... I'd love to add more to my Ohio garden!

1 comment:

ADMIN said...

Yes, I love roses, too!
My favorites at the moment are Don Juan and Perfection. Don Juan has bright red blooms. Perfection has huge, creamy pink blooms. Good luck with your roses!