Thursday, December 10, 2009

Walk About Limerick



This morning I took a walk up into the city to find a Laundry Service.  It was easier to pack only for a few days had take the chance that we would find a business that would do dry cleaning.  The wonderful Host at our Hotel we are visiting this week referred me to this delightful business just past the shoppes.   As I wait for my laundry to be done I had some time to kill so I ventured about the streets of Limerick.  To the left is stunning door on my way to the shoppes.  I can't get enough of the brilliant color the Irish use on most entry ways.


Across the road from the cleaners was a French store called  'The Country Basket'. I had to take some photos to share the wonderful front displays. 
 
I must have wondered about this store for most of my waiting time because I just couldn't get enough of the wonderful French wines, cheese, fruit and Christmas Treasures. The collage above are a few of my favorite things I came across.  I did pick up some of those wonderful French homemade chocolates.   I KNOW, I KNOW.... I am in Ireland right?!  YES , the store keeper was a wonderful Irish who was of wonderful help.
 

These are what caught my eye first .. mini carrots.  The smell of their freshness was wonderful! 

The streets are alive with Christmas Cheer.  You can find Christmas in just about every shoppe in Limerick.
 
My clothing were prepared just in time. Even after a wonderful talk with the laundry owner I made it back to our room before the late afternoon rain arrived. Now to enjoy this wonderful Irish Garden Magazine I picked up along my walk today.  I can't seem to put it down and am looking forward to trying some of the Irish recipes and wreath making ideas when I return home.    I hope you enjoyed my walk with me today!
 


5 comments:

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Bren, it sounds like you are having a wonderful time! I love that bright green door! I hope you have a fabulous time during the rest of your trip!

Anonymous said...

Brenda, sounds like you are having a blast! Thank you for all the wonderful updates and photos!

Chris Higbie

Odette Bautista Mikolai said...

yes, I did! it was quite a delight to see those things through your eyes. when are you coming back?
xoxoxoxo

tori said...

I did enjoy this!! thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures!

Kylee Baumle said...

Love that green door! And the carrots are adorable!