Monday, December 21, 2009

1st Day of Greetings

 This week I would like to share with you Christmas Greetings from my neck of the woods. We started the end of the week out right when the snow fell completing the outdoors decoration.  I am hoping it stays around for St. Nicks arrival on Thursday.  Always fun to find the reindeer hoof prints in the snow! ::wink::

Snow covers the garden but the memory of what grew warms the Cheer in the Home! 

I was inspired to share a Monday Metamorphosis after enjoying the images of one of my favorite Home&Graden bloggers : Between Naps on the Porch.  I hope you will visit her blog for it will surly put you in the mood to decorate or at least spread some Holiday Cheer as you pass her link around!  It is blogs like Susan's that prevent me from sending in my renewals to most Home Magazines.
Metamorphosis of my Christmas Tree
(I know this is a repost but I LOVE it!)





Birdhouse's -  a reminder of our friends in the garden.

Watering Cans are a must even in a tree! 

Birds that I struggle to capture even when they are on my own indoor tree!

A favorite treasure that is found in the Winter Garden each year....... 



A reminder out my kitchen window to share with you.  As we enjoy the sweeties and warm coffee's with friends be sure to fill the birds dishes as well.   Happy Christmas Friends!

I leave you today with Jack -  you know Jacks 'Sugar Plum Fairies dancing in his head' have feathers!   (Jack is out of focus but this was a quick shoot with the wrong lens.)

11 comments:

Tootsie said...

great post today girl!!! Hi Jack!!! help your mommy lots!!! lol
I am getting some snow here today again....it is pretty and it is at least cleaning up the look of the dirty snow from last week...lol
I hope you get finished your holiday prep and have some time to relax!

Bren Haas said...

I had to note that Jack is out of focus... it was driving Hubby batty! LOL I KNOW.. I KNOW.. but I had the Macro lens on taking other photos when I glanced down and there JACK was. He sure was into that bird on the lower branch! SO I SAY to HUBBY ... " THIS IS WHY I need to NIKON P90 so I can have that strapped around my neck at with an all purpose lens while using the D90 with the fancy lens'! ;-) Think the hint will work?

THANK YOU TOOTSIE... can't wait to see what you will share this week.

Darla said...

That's still the fastest I have heard watched a tree get decorated, LOL!

Nell Jean said...

Jack looks a lot like my cat, who is frequently out of focus as well.

Odette Bautista Mikolai said...

lovely photos as usual, Bren. wow, it's so white in your place, and cold too. but it's always nice to come home, eh?
here we are having oppressive heat during the day but at least our nights are colder. our volcano is on the brim of erupting any day now. too many excitement...
xoxoxoxo

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Bren...You're tree is gorgeous! Thanks soooo much for your sweet comment...you totally made my day! Is that sweet kitty, Jack? I'm off to check out more of your wonderful blog. :-)
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Bren~~ Jack is a sweetie pie. I hope you have a happy Christmas too.

Gail said...

Merry Christmas Bren~~I watched The video...that was fun! Jack could be the cousin of Coal...Our Kat King! gail

Shady Gardener said...

Very cute post, Bren! Had I decorated my tree that quickly, I KNOW it wouldn't look like that! ha. Have a Wonderful Christmas!

Bren Haas said...

I am glad I reposted the Tree Video... great comments! Thank you all. The comments keep me snappin'away to share more.

Happy Christmas to you all!

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

I'll go follow the link the instant I've wished you every happiness this season and the year through.
All the very best my dear to you and yours.
Warmest regards,
Simone.