Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tucked Away in the Woods

I just had to share a short note tonight with a photo as we try and stay warm during this record breaking cold front we are embracing. These are from the set of photos I was able to snap last Sunday as we had a wonderful play day in the woods.

This wood furniture collection was on the master bedroom deck when we moved into our present home almost six years ago. I don't know why the previous owners had this set on the deck because it is uncomfortable to sit in. The kids were younger that first summer we were here and they loved to play in the woods. We hauled this collection out to their favorite spot in the woods where they used it to play with their friends. Tucked off the big trail but up close enough to the meadow so they can enjoy the butterflies this furniture has some wonderful memories. I came across this nook as I walked back to the River for some photos and had to take some photos.

Another cold day tomorrow so I will be back to share some more flowers from Sunday. Be safe and keep warm dear friends.

1 comment:

RURAL said...

What a great idea to place the furniture in the woods.

I am sorry that you are going through a severe cold snap. All I can offer are spring photos, and the hope that soon it will be over.

Jen