Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Today in the Veggie Garden


My Favorite Photo Picks

Daily I after doing some type of stretch workout to start the day I enjoy reading the highlights from my favorite blogs that are all organized nicely for me on Google Reader. You can check out my favorites at the link to the right of this blog. Today's quote from one of my favorites is one that I would like to share today.


What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.
Joseph Addison


Cucumbers are coming to an end. Green beans and peas are finished and I have been thinking about planting a winter crop but not sure on the timing. I did get a few more zucchini's but I know that is because I watered and fertilized the plants a few weeks ago. We need rain badly. My banana peppers have slowed down because of the lack of rain. Those would be a nice addition to my salsa I will be canning soon.

Enjoy the day we have been given.

No comments: