Friday, August 15, 2008

Joe Pie Weed

The Joepie Weed is something I added last year to my garden in the back. I was not sure if I liked it last year. IT was tall and had but two branches coming out of it. I was going to move it to a flower bed way out that seemed like it would suit it better because that is a country / native garden. This year when it came up it had six branches out of it and it appeared more like a bush. I LOVE IT next to my Oak leaf bush.




It is not uncommon to see a hand full of butterflies enjoying its blooms.


I highly recommend this perennial. I am enjoying it tremendously in the month of August.

Happy Gardening!

2 comments:

Secret Garden Supper Club said...

I've often thought of putting Joe Pye Weed in!
The pics are beautiful.
Cheers :)

Lucy Mills said...

Lovely...I love butterfly attracting plants.