Saturday, August 23, 2008

Agastache - Blue Fortune


Anise Hyssop


I have been wanting to add this beautiful perennial to my blog to share it's beauty with everyone. Something about this lovely plant that smells like licorice just makes my front flower bed.


The Agastache blue flowers attract humming birds, butterflies and even bees.


The front flowerbed before entering our home.


What a wonderful addition to my front door garden. I added this lonely little 4 1/2inch perennial pot plant to my garden 2 years ago. Within the first year it was over 30" tall and attracting tons of butterflies by early August. It does attract the occasional bee but this has never been a problem for me. I would suggest this perennial to any garden to be used as a back drop or for additional blue color from mid-summer till Fall.

Happy Gardening

2 comments:

Elias Thalassis said...

hello from Halkida Greece

Basil Becky said...

I love Anise Hyssop as well. Even it's first little leaves emerge with a great hue.

Your website is wonderful!